In episode EAT02 of KPO’s European Astronomy Tour, we are in the midst of our Atlantic Crossing, on board Cunard’s Queen Mary II, the greatest ocean liner in the world. We’re spending 9 days aboard this historic vessel, and during that time we will be treated to Cunard’s famous astronomy enrichment programs.
In this episode, we also interview Dr. David Mannion, Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, author, and speaker, and chat with him about his experience in speaking on cruises and astronomy outreach in general.
Information and links for Dr. David Mannion:
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/timetachyon
Book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Galileo-Telescopic-Astronomy-Astronomers-Universe/dp/1441955704?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
You can find our episode schedule on the main Tour page. As we are traveling around, I will be editing and uploading from the many hostels in which we will be staying, and the internet may be shaky, so visit the Tour page often to see any adjustments that may occur.
Watch this week’s show on YouTube:
You can find the Show Notes on our website at http://kpobservatory.org/EAT02/. Please feel free to leave a question or comment, and we will respond as quickly as we can.
Thanks for your interest in KPO. If you enjoyed the show, here’s how you can help:
- Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
- Honestly rate and review us on iTunes
- Share the videos and podcasts out to your friends.
- And if you really liked it, and if you’d like to help us create more, please consider supporting us by these methods:
Follow KPO using these links:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- Follow KPO on Facebook
- Website: http://kpobservatory.org
- Patreon: http://patreon.com/kpo
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/procyonsystems/
- Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/dmhearn
Star Chart Images & Simulations Courtesy of SkySafari Astronomy http://SkySafariAstronomy.com
Kissimmee Park Observatory is dedicated to the study and imaging of the night sky, and performing astronomy outreach for individuals and groups.