In this first episode EAT01 of KPO’s European Astronomy Tour, we welcome you to New York City, the starting point of our great astronomy adventure that will take us across 9 countries of Northern Europe. At the time of this writing, my family and I are on location here in New York City as we prepare to kick off a 10 week tour of Scandinavia and the United Kingdom.
While we’re touring around, we’ll visit five famous observatories; ancient and modern, meet and interview professional astronomers, and generally learn about and experience European Astronomy.
This is our kickoff episode, and in it we’ll discuss our itinerary, upcoming topics, and generally give you the plan for the next 10 weeks.
You can find our episode schedule on the main Tour page. As we are traveling around, I will be editing and uploading from the many hostels in which we will be staying, and the internet may be shaky, so visit the Tour page often to see any adjustments that may occur.
Watch this week’s show on YouTube:
You can find the Show Notes on our website at http://kpobservatory.org/EAT01/. Please feel free to leave a question or comment, and we will respond as quickly as we can.
Thanks for your interest in KPO. If you enjoyed the show, here’s how you can help:
- Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
- Honestly rate and review us on iTunes
- Share the videos and podcasts out to your friends.
- And if you really liked it, and if you’d like to help us create more, please consider supporting us by these methods:
Follow KPO using these links:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- Follow KPO on Facebook
- Website: http://kpobservatory.org
- Patreon: http://patreon.com/kpo
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/procyonsystems/
- Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/dmhearn
Star Chart Images & Simulations Courtesy of SkySafari Astronomy http://SkySafariAstronomy.com
Kissimmee Park Observatory is dedicated to the study and imaging of the night sky, and performing astronomy outreach for individuals and groups.